Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goodbye PA


In four days I will be moving from Pennsylvania back to Northern Virginia. I have some mixed feelings about this. While I'm happy to be moving near friends again and excited about Bill's first full time job in baseball, I remember how much Bill and I hated that area and how much we wanted to move. Below is my list of things I will miss and wont miss from our great adventure in Pennsylvania:

Things I will miss about PA:
*Our first apartment as husband and wife with the huge living room and kitchen
*Quakertown
*Quakertown Farmer's Market (even though it smells funny, you can't get better quality produce)
*Lee's Hoagie House
*My friends at work
*The comparative (compared to NOVA) lack of traffic
*Hobo's
*Good pizza

Things I absolutely WILL NOT miss about PA:
*Rednecks
*The people who live below us who constantly slam the door and make our whole house shake
*My job
*The extra pounds I've gained from eating all the good food around here. Now that we are moving back to the crappy restaurants in VA, I expect to lose those pounds.


So goodbye PA. Bill and I started our marriage here. I've enjoyed the time we have spent here and maybe will Bill and I will be back again. I'm sure it wont take long before we realize that the reason we moved to PA in the first place is because we hated VA and want to move again. 

3 comments:

Bill said...

Sweet thoughts babe. I agree with evrything you said. We may not have seen the last of Q-town, you never know! As long as we're together, I don't care where we are!

Staci Kenney said...

Awww. You're so sweet

Ian O'hEnas said...

AAAAWWWWWWWW - barf -

You never know where any of us will end up! Mari and I are going to go where the money is for a while and try to get out of this bottomless pit called debt that we're in!