Monday, June 2, 2008

I Love New York!

I have the best husband in the world. On Valentine's Day he surprised me with tickets to the Yankee Stadium tour and we went this Sunday. It was an incredible experience. Bill is the best husband in the world because he hates the Yankee's and still endured the tour because I love them. The tour started in the press box. We got to see where all the sports reporters work during the game. They have a great view of the field. We then went to Monument Park. I had been there before but it was nice to be in monument park when there wasn't hundreds of people milling around. Next we got to walk on the field and sit in the Yankee dugout. It was amazing sitting in the same place where my favorite players past and present have sat. Last, we got to see the Yankee locker room. They did not let us all the way into the locker room to respect the players' privacy but I got to see Derek Jeter's locker and Thurmon Munson's empty locker (from behind a rope) and that was really exciting for me. I was in awe the whole tour. Yankee Stadium has so many great memories for me. As a kid, my mom, dad, brother, Aunt, Uncle, and I went to many games there. We always had a great time. Although the new Yankee Stadium (right across the street from the old one) looks beautiful, it will lack those childhood memories that make the current Yankee Stadium so special to me. Hopefully, I will make more great memories in the new Yankee Stadium. Thank you baby, for giving me a chance to say goodbye to one of my favorite places on Earth! See pictures of us on the tour below:



The New Yankee Stadium



Me with the Babe Ruth Monument



Me on the field!



Bill and I in the dugout

2 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

Woohoo!!!! Glad you got the chance to do the tour and everything and actually got to see things! I was worried that they would pull something where the people wouldn't get to do much of anything...

:)

Bill said...

Who is this best husband you speak of? :) Glad you had fun baby- I did too, it was an interesting tour.