Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Hate This State!!!!

Can I just say that I'm hating Pennsylvania right now? Or at least the people who voted in the democratic primary. I have to say that I like living in PA better than Northern Virginia. Its quieter and overall just a better quality of life. I could do without the rednecks but my theory on that is that I don't bother them and they don't bother me. But today the rednecks have pissed me off. I am not a very political person so you will not catch me writing very much on politics but I'm mad as hell right now. The only reason Hillary Clinton is winning this state is because of the gun totting rednecks in this state who would never vote for a black man. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone who voted for Hillary is a gun totting, racist red neck. My husband Bill voted for Hillary. However, Bill has educated himself on the issues and honestly feels that Hillary would make the best president. For people like that, more power to you. Vote for Hillary all day, I don't care. However, 99% of the people who voted today have not educated themselves and voted for Hillary because: a) Hillary has touted herself as pro-gun in the past couple of weeks, or b) because they will not vote for a black man, or c) all of the above. I have no tolerance for that type of voter. I also totally agree with Barack's comments about people being bitter and clinging to guns and religion but I'd probably be run out of the state if anyone heard that! Also, I want to send out a very special "What the fuck?" to all the voters in Scranton with the exception of my sisters-in-law who have educated themselves on the issues. Voting for someone just because they claim they are "from" Scranton when in reality they just spent a month a year there is just pathetic.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Yes! YOU GO GIRL! My theory is, and Chris Matthews summed it up PEREFECTLY, that the Clintons think they own the Democratic Party and can do with it what they wish. I was THE BIGGEST PROPONENT OF BILL CLINTON! I worked for his campaign for god's sakes and I cannot stand the man anymore because of his opportunistic wife. He is throwing away all of his respect and character for her and no longer has a mind of his own. Personally, I think Hillary is the Democratic version of Bush-only she is smart and has a brain. POWER POWER POWER AT ALL COSTS...REMINISCENT OF NIXON PERHAPS!

Bill said...

Wow- I don't even know where to start with this. Sour grapes over one primary when your candidate will most likely win the nomination is a little sad.

"The only reason Hillary Clinton is winning this state is because of the gun totting rednecks in this state who would never vote for a black man."- Most gun-toting rednecks couldn't vote for either- cause they're mostly Republicans!! And rednecks don't want a woman to be president either!

While I can agree on some aspects of Scranton, it is not because she has said she is from Scranton. She was very clear on spending a month in the summers there. If I was running, I would sure as hell tote the fact that I spent time in the summers in Binghamton. If Scrantonians took it another way, that's because of their own stupidity.

The Old Guy said...

I will echo BK's sentiment and say wow. I feel like I am watching Network. Being that I have never lived in PA, I will refrain from characterizing the lives of its residents. I will say that there are plenty of uneducated voters in every state who support each one of the candidates. I am not sure that Obama lost because he could not garner the support of those who do not follow the campaign as closely as we might. Maybe we are the simpletons for following so closely and investing so much time and energy into it. But as a sign hope, remember, Obama is in the driver's seat unless the right finds some secret transcripts of a secret meeting where Senator Obama collaborates with Adolf Hitler prior to the fuehrer’s invasion of Poland in 1939.

Ian O'hEnas said...

Congrats Hillary to winning PA by getting the gun-toting idiots and Republicans to vote for you when they won't in the fall...

Just because someone can win a "big state" in a primary does NOT mean that they will carry it in the general NOR that the other candidate on their party cannot carry it in the fall.

No sour grapes over this primary. Although it shows that the republicans can rally their forces to do whatever they want them to do.

I agree with Chris Matthews - the Clintons' believe it is their party and that they can do whatever they want to it and have votes counted whichever way they want them to be counted.

The end of the Democratic party is near. Let's go Nader, ask Gore to be the Presidential candidate and you can be the VP... Y'll finally get into the office and be able to change things!!!!

Staci Kenney said...

It's not sour grapes. I'm just ashamed to live in this state.

Ian O'hEnas said...

mmmm All this talk about sour grapes make me hungry!