Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Aunt Terry


I'd like to take a minute to remember my Aunt Terry who passed away on Monday. Unfortunately, I did not know Aunt Terry as well as I should have. She was the wife of my father's oldest brother who died the year I was born. Despite the death of her husband, Aunt Terry and her brother Buddy were regular fixtures at Grant family gatherings. I was happy I got to see her one last time at my bridal shower last June. Her failing health made it impossible for her to attend the wedding so it was great to have her there. I read her obitury today and found out that she was a talented singer when she was young. Its amazing what you find out about people after they're gone. The picture above is all the Grant woman at my bridal shower. Aunt Terry is the one on the right in white.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Sorry for your loss baby, she sounds like a great woman.

Ian O'hEnas said...

I did not even meet her once and she will be missed... Let us know if you need anything...

BRO

:(

Mari said...

I am sooo sorry. :(