Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm a Klutz


Me and my brother (see his recent post on Jei's Japan Network) seem to have both inherited the klutz gene from our dad (sorry dad). Earlier this week my brother hurt his knee dancing at a party. Today I strained my back falling down our stairs. While my brother hurt himself partying it up and having a good time, I wasn't so lucky. I hurt myself rushing to get to work. At the top of our set of 20 steps that leads to our front door one of my heels got caught in the carpet and I fell forward. I tried to catch myself on the railing but both my hands were full and I missed and fell all the way to the bottom. Along with a severe case of rug burn, I also had really bad back pain when I landed at the bottom of the stairs. Fortunately, we only live 6 blocks from the hospital so I was able to drive myself there (Bill was already at work). I am happy to report that I have no broken bones, just broken pride. I strained my back so I will be laying around living on pain killers and muscle relaxants the next couple of days but should be back on my feet (and my high heel sandals) soon. My ER nurse told my I need to put my heels in retirement but when you're only 4' 11" you need all the help you can get!

3 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

You're a Klutz??? NO! Really???

HE HE - I cannot talk - I'm more of one than you are!

Gald you weren't seriously hurt! Sorry we weren't there to help you!!! :(

You should probably retire the high-heels. You don't need to find someone to marry anymore - or do you!?

Bill said...

I'm glad you're ok.
It's amazing that you or someone else has not been killed with your klutziness. Maybe we should just get you a scooter from the Scooter Store!

Staci Kenney said...

Dad says I should get one of those chairlifts for our stairs!